Here is an old restaurant meme. If you want to play, here are the rules:
1. Link to name of person that tagged you.
2. Include state and country you live in.
3. List top 5 favorite local restaurants.
4. Tag 5 other people and let them know they've been tagged
I live in the East Valley area of Phoenix in Arizona.
1. Casanova Brothers: GREAT NY style pizza, delish pasta dishes & even desserts. If you're looking for good Italian food in the Phoenix area, I'd say this is the place to go. Lots of fresh, homemade menu items. I'm a spaghetti girl, so I'll always recommend that, but they have awesome pizza ... some of my faves are cheese, veggie, & caprese.
2. Costa Vida: If you haven't been, GO! My favorite menu item here is the veggie salad ... beans, rice, hot tortilla, guac, pico ... yum!
3. Del Taco: As for fast food, Del Taco is probably my favorite these days. I can feed my family for under $10 and I think Del Taco tops Taco Bell. Let's see ... at Del Taco some of my regulars are the veggie works burrito, tostadas & crunchy tacos with beans.
4. Gecko Grill: noticing a pattern ... it's hard to find good food around here that's isn't Mexican ... but Gecko Grill is loved by all! I love their cheese enchiladas (without onion for me), tostadas, rice, grilled fish tacos & I can't leave without a cold glass of horchata!
5. I'd have to say that the Cheesecake Factory wins my final spot. For special occasions, I like to go get grilled Mahi-Mahi with mashed potatoes & asparagus. I love cheesecake, so I always try to save room for dessert. I don't think I have a favorite flavor though. Do you?
So, now I gotta cheat. If I could eat anything in the world right now, it would be a big ol' fat sandwich from Primanti Bro's in Pittsburgh. They're HUGE & most definitely unique. If you go to the Strip District location on a Saturday, even in the middle of the afternoon, be prepared to wait in a line that goes out the door & down the street! They put the fries & coleslaw right on the sandwich ... mmm ... heaven. I think that's what I'll be making for dinner tonight.
So now I need to tag 5 people…
I wanna know where you love to eat! Play along, leave me a link to your blog & I'll pay you a visit!