Wednesday, August 8, 2012

First Day of School

Today is a day for lots of changes and firsts for our family.  Up until now, I have been homeschooling my kids, but we felt like we were ready for a change and I was feeling like the girls needed this change.



Penguin (4th Grade) is very excited about all the social aspects of school and hopes to make lots of friends.  Her biggest worry about going to school is whether or not she will make friends.  She's outgoing and fun, so I have no worries.  I also have no doubts that she'll come home today with lots of email addresses that she got from her new classmates.

Peacock (Kindergarten) didn't seem to have any worries or concerns except which of her many pairs of purple shoes she should wear today & the fact that her mother didn't have a glamorous purple bow for her hair. (She doesn't usually request a bow. How was I to know?!? First item on my to-do list today it to find a nice purple bow or flower.)  She also wasn't too fond of the the walk from the off-site parking lot to the school ... and then she had to walk to the opposite end of campus to get to her classroom ... in almost 100-degree weather!  (YES! It really was that hot at 8:30am!!)  She went right into her room, put her backpack in her cubby, got organized at her desk, and immediately dug into the worksheet that was waiting for her to start.

After Turkey & I dropped the girls off, we enjoyed breakfast at the school where were met lots of other very nice mom's.  All the parents at my table were raving about both of the teachers that the girls got this year.  It sounds like both teachers are the highest requested teachers for their grade levels.  Penguin's teacher sounds excellent & I'm told that Peacock's teacher has been teaching at the school for forever and will have her class the most prepared and ready to move onto 1st grade.

I'm so excited to pick my girls up this afternoon and hear about their first day of school!!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Cecilotta said...

Exciting! I'm sure they'll have a great time. We go through the great school debate on a regular basis too :)

Whispering Thoughts said...

I hope they have a wonderful school time. It is one of the best times of the life. And now I know why you bought those purple flower bows too :)

shellydinger said...

What a great new adventure for your family. Your girls look darling! I can't believe how tall your little Peacock is getting.

Kathy said...

Such a wonderful new adventure! Your girls are adorable…hope they’re enjoying their new school!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails