Friday, January 6, 2012

Bubble-Top Brioche Rolls - French Fridays with Dorie



This week's FFWD recipe was bubble-top brioche rolls ... a recipe I looked forward to trying.

I doubled the recipe, but so far I've only baked 6 rolls.  Just enough for everyone to have a taste.  I'll save the rest of my dough for Sunday or Monday dinner since the dough can stay in the fridge for up to 3 days.

The dough came together fairly easily and Dorie's instructions were easy to follow.  The only thing I did wrong was leaving the dough on the counter for too long last night while I watched a Larry Crowne with my hubby ... cute movie ... but when the movie was over and I spotted my forgotten dough, it was overflowing onto the counter.  At that point, I just pushed it down a bit & threw it into the fridge cause it was past bedtime.  

This morning the kids were anxious to help me roll little balls.  Next time I think I'll try shaping the dough differently & see what I think.  The results were great, but I would've liked my rolls a little less brown cause the outsides got too crispy.  I think these will go great with a creamy soup or Thanksgiving dinner.



If you're looking for a great roll recipe, I highly recommend Dorie's brioche rolls!!

If you're looking for a fun date night/movie rental, check-out Larry Crowne!!




Pin It!

9 comments:

Nana said...

Tricia and I thought this recipe was very good, and
both families enjoyed them. Have a couple left and
plan to use them Sunday morning with bacon and
eggs.

Cher Rockwell said...

I love doughs that are sturdy enough to withstand a couple of days resting (making it easy to portion them out on your schedule).
It looks like your rolls came out well!

Anonymous said...

Your rolls look great. It really is nice to have a dough that can hang out in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it!

Oh, and on behalf of myself and others, would love to know how it turns out if shaped differently ( like the loaf) , just in case.... :)

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Mine got dark, too...but still yummy!

Kathy said...

I think your rolls came out beautiful...funny how you could forget about this dough and still have a great bread when it's done. Mine browned also, I liked them that way.
Thanks for the trailer of Larry Crowne...I had put it on my To See list and forgot about it! I'll go looking for it this week! Love Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts...looks very cute! Have a great weekend!

Adriana said...

Mine didn't get as dark, but that might be because I rolled larger balls. I let my dough rest for a whole day and it was even easier to work through the dough. Your kids will love rolling it together!

Unknown said...

We enjoyed Larry Crowne too; it wasn't what we expected but good. I enjoyed making these rolls. The dough is very forgiving and delicious!

Kris' Kitchen said...

Well...I'm behind on this one; trying to catch up. Your rolls and post look great. I'll try to bake these over the next week. Thanks for the movie tip...looks fun. C U Soon.

Christy said...

Thanks for the reminder about Larry Crowne - need to put it in my Netflix. These look really tasty - how did they work with saving for other days?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails