Monday, September 30, 2013

Hot Chocolate Bar - Free Printables

I need to do a better job of getting hand-outs, printables, etc on my blog and in a way that's easy for everyone to use because I keep getting emails that the jpg versions aren't working well.  I'm going to try using Scribd again.  I need to find a host for all my printables and I doubt any site is going to be perfect, but please leave your feedback!



Now for the good stuff....  Hot Chocolate!! 

Last year for Christmas, we did a progressive dinner type thing for our Young Women and one of the things I was in charge of was the hot chocolate bar.  It's a bit time consuming, but not terrible, and most of the goodies can be found at Wal-Mart or other places where you might do your regular grocery shopping.

To make your job a little easier, grab an EK "Real Estate Sign" punch from your local crafting store. If you can find it at a store that takes 40% off coupons, all the better!  I designed my printables for this particular punch but scissors should work great too! Some of the little signs might repeat, but print & use what you want.  I recommend printing these on white card-stock or another heavy paper like photo paper.







Be creative, but here are some of my ideas....

  • "Crushed Cookies" = Oreos or the peppermint Trader Joe's version
  • "Semi-Sweet" & "White Chocolate" = chocolate chips
  • "Caramel" = we used the Kraft Caramel Bits - little round balls of caramel found on the baking aisle
  • "English Toffee" = Heath Bar pieces - on the baking aisle
  • "Dippers" & "Dunkers" = donut holes, biscotti, Trader Joe's Chocolatey Coated Chocolate Chip Dunkers, Pepperidge Farm Creme Filled Pirouette Rolled Wafers
  • "Peppermint" = crushed candy canes
  • "Marshmallows" = we found a lady at church that made us homemade marshmallows - WELL WORTH IT!!!  My favorite mix-in!! 
If you're going go through the work of putting all this together, use a really good hot chocolate.  I couldn't find anyone to make me hot chocolate from scratch & I was already feeling a bit overwhelmed with all my jobs, so I had bought the Starbucks hot chocolate mix from Costco {with a rebate/coupon} & had someone bring it ready-to-serve.   Swiss Miss is just not acceptable! ;)



{Matching Mugs from Williams-Sonoma}


  Questions??  Leave me a comment with an email address.

Pin It!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you tell me how u did the ornaments for the signs? They are adorable!

Unknown said...

Can you tell me how u used the ornaments for the labels? They are adorable!!!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Hi Beverly,They are actually place card holders. We found some at Target & some at Michaels.

Cindy said...

This is the absolute cutest!! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful post. :) I've been looking for some good ideas to have a party for my class and this is by far my favorite!

Is there, by chance, any way to get those labels as an editable document? Like if there's only one or two things I wanted from one page to replace on a page I mostly love?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails