I'm getting messages every day from people that want information and printables to make this gift. We put together a "Christmas Extravaganza" last year for our young women. Go HERE for more details. We wanted to end the night on a spiritual note and with a small gift for the girls to take home.
We bought 2x4-inch wood & had the store cut the blocks. We enlisted in the help of several ladies and painted the blocks black fairly quickly. We chose the sand the edges of each block a little bit for the worn look. Mod Podge (I recommend going with a matte rather than glossy Mod Podge) was used to attach the photos & then a bow was attached to the top with a fancy-looking nail type thing. I've also seen blocks like these where the ribbon is wrapped around the outside of the whole block and then tied a bow at the top. I'm sure there are oodles of options.
Costco is my favorite photo developing place for something that's quick & easy for most people. (They ship, too!) Regardless of where you go, get a luster/matte finish ... the glossy option will make it hard to read the wording. All files should be printed as a 4x6-inch photo. We wanted to have a border of wood showing around all 4 sides of our photo, so we used the file that makes two sets of the quotes per 4x6-inch photo. If you use the 2-per-page option, cut the white strip off of the bottom and then cut the photo in 1/2, so you'll have two photos, each about 3x3-7/8 inch.
**Please feel free to download & use my designs for non-commercial use only. I'm letting you use it for free, so you can not sell my design in any way, shape, or form. :)
If something isn't working or is not clear, please leave a comment and I'll do my best to help!!
**Update: I've had a few people leave comments & say they are having trouble converting the PDF to a JPG file. I've uploaded all 3 files to Flickr, so try these & see if they work better....
**Instructions for the JPEG/Flickr option:
1. Click on one of the three thumbnails above for the photo/printable that you desire. The enlarged photo/printable should open for you in Flickr. *Note that the last photo has a different font.
2. Right-click on the enlarged photo that opened in Flickr.
3. Select "ORIGINAL".
4. A new page with the photo should open in Flickr. Towards the top, find where it says, "Download this original size of this photo" and click on that.
5. At this point, you will choose what program you want to use to open the photo or where you'd like to save the photo on your computer.
6. Once the photo is saved on your computer, you can upload it to Costco's photo department or any photo-developing website of your choice.
Two Printables per 4x6-inch photo (you will end up with two 3x 3-7/8 inch photos) :
4x6-inch of printable (you will need larger blocks of wood for this option):