Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Coming to Know the Savior: Young Women Manual 3, Lesson 2




This past Sunday, I taught lesson #2 in manual 3 to my laurel class.  I was thankful for the opportunity to teach this lesson because it's a topic that's been on my mind a lot and I felt strongly that it was something my girls needed to hear.  While I got ready for church, I tried to not get to caught up in the "getting ready" stuff because I wanted to be in the right frame of mind for such an important topic.  I listened to Rob Gardner's Lamb of God while I got ready.  (If you live in Utah, Lamb of God will be performed in April.)

I used quite a bit of Angela's Lesson Helps when I was planning my lesson.  I felt like the questions and comments she shared are much more applicable to my girls then some of the questions in the manual.  One thing that I kept reiterating over & over is that we have to let Christ in.

I really liked this handout/quote & gave a copy to each girl in my class.

And just for fun, I gave each of the girls a water bottle with this label around it.

Toward the end of my lesson, I showed this video clip:


Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails