Monday, July 4, 2011

Welcomes to Us


I just have to give a shout out to our wonderful new neighborhood.  After we had been here a few days, there was a knock on the door and I was greeted by homemade strawberry jam and whole wheat bread ... with freshly ground wheat.  I have to say that I'm impressed.  Bread baking hasn't really been my thing.  I like quick breads, but after tasting this homemade whole wheat bread, I might have to take up a new hobby ... and make a new friend to teach me about this delicious bread she baked for me!  The bread was very soft ... not at all dry or crumbly like I have come to expect from whole wheat bread.  And the strawberry jam that she made was devoured by all!!



Last night around 9pm, there was a quick knock on the door.  When we opened the door, we found that the deliverer had escaped into the night and left us a note welcoming us with a plate of homemade cookies.  WOW!  I'm feeling loved!!  If our "secret" friends happen to read this, THANK YOU!

Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails