Monday, March 1, 2010

Miracle

Don't know about you, but my weekend was anything but relaxing & quiet.  My excitement began when Peacock came in from playing outside Friday night and she was having a hard time catching her breath.  Around 4am, she seemed to be getting much worse and really struggling to breath, so my husband took her to the children's hospital.  Crazy night with very little sleep.  Penguin & I had to get up & go to an early rehearsal for our concert that's coming up this Friday and we didn't get done until about noon.  I was ready to go home for a nap, but this hot mama ...



... was starting to have some strong contractions, so while hubby watched the kids, we ran to Target to do some last minute get-ready-for-baby shopping.  Later, I tried to go home & nap, but it seemed like I was interrupted every 10 minutes by something.  We decided to head over to the new Tia Rosa restaurant that opened in Gilbert for dinner ... it's a small restaurant where you walk-up to the counter to order your food ... nothing too fancy.  It took them ONE HOUR to prepare our food.  Totally insane!  And I was somewhat disappointed by numerous things.  The refried beans were burnt, rice was just so-so & when you buy a large bag of chips that comes with salsa, you only get about 4 tablespoons worth of salsa to go with your large bag of chips!  Salsa was just OK too.  I think I'll be going back to Gecko Grill next time I want some good Mexican food ... better food, better service,  unlimited salsa & I don't have to wait an hour to eat!

My goal was to get in bed at a decent hour Saturday night to make-up for some missed sleep.  Around 1am, my cell phone started beeping.  Hot Mama had gone to the hospital.  So, then I couldn't sleep cause I wanted updates, I was worried about her & I couldn't turn off my brain.  Around 2am little Turkey started crying ... he was just mad at the world.  Nothing I could think of made him happy or helped him get back to sleep.  Finally around 3 am we fell asleep together in his bed and around 5am I went back to my own bed.  Around 7am I was wide awake thinking & worrying about Hot Mama cause we hadn't heard anything for hours about her progress.  Shortly after 8am, I get a phone call ... "Hot Mama wants you in the room to photograph the birth!  Get down here ... she's at an 8!".  Totally unexpected!! I jumped in the shower & got ready.  Just as I'm about to run out the door I get another call saying she's at a 10 & will start pushing soon.  I raced to the hospital & the nurse double-checked with Hot Mama to make sure I'm wanted in the room.  I barely had enough time to get my camera out & set-up before I could see little bits of the baby's head & hair coming out.  Within a few minutes, I was in rapid-fire mode trying to catch every split-second of Baby A coming into this world.  What an amazing experience!!  How many of us get to see a baby born except for maybe our own children?  Hot Mama did beautifully & I think I met my new OB/GYN.  Dr Cox ... look her up.  Super nice and her philosophies are so different from when I gave birth to Turkey ... I think it saved Hot Mama from a lot of extra pain & problems that I experienced after Turkey was born.  But back to Baby A ... watching her come into this world is something I will never forget and I don't take it lightly that Hot Mama allowed me in the room to witness this miracle.  Amazing!  Amazing!!  AMAZING!!  I stayed with Hot Mama & her new family for several hours to take lots of photos & just make sure she was OK before I left.

I finally made it home & was able to have a little afternoon nap before I was off to another rehearsal.   Now I'm ready to catch-up and get everything done that I wasn't able to get done this past weekend. Or maybe I'll just forget the to-do list and go hold Baby A some more ....


Pin It!

4 comments:

Scott & Natalie sherwood said...

I am so excited your little ones have a cousin on your side! Hot Mama looks gorgeous in that picture and the picture of proud daddy and baby A is precious! I am glad she is here and all is well.

LadyL said...

What a precious little baby! Congratulations to Hot Mama and her husband!

How's little Peacock doing? I hope she's OK now. I just took our little ones to the doctor -- they have RSV, so they're not breathing easy, either! :(

Just the Seven of Us said...

beautiful baby, mama, daddy, and pictures. Congrats! Thanks for taking the time to share!

The Tiffany's said...

great pics!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails