Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Alice Medrich's Chocolate Pudding Bars

On Sunday, I was in mood to spend some time in the kitchen.  Since Hubby was around, I had him help me with my FFWD (French Fridays with Dorie) recipe for the week cause it involved raw meat.  More on that Friday...

Saturday morning I helped my mom teach an appetizer/cooking class.  As a thank you gift, my mom gave me my very own copy of Alice Medrich's newest cookbook: CHEWY GOOEY CRISPY CRUNCHY Melt-in-Your-Mouth Cookies.  I was very excited & since it's a very new release, I hadn't gotten my hands on one prior to my mom giving it to me.  I made a stop at Trader Joe's on my way home and grabbed some heavy cream to make some cookies that had already caught my eye.... Chocolate Pudding Bars!

The chocolate pudding bars are delish and a recipe that I'll definitely make again.  The crust is like toffee and then the pudding is about the consistency of cheesecake ... not runny at all.  I made 1+1/2 the recipe and used a 9x13" pan.  Alice recommends cutting this treat into bars or circles using a biscuit cutter.  I tried to cut the circles first and lost the handle to my cutter .... the crust was too hard.  I also couldn't figure out how to get the treat out of the cutter ... it kinda stuck in there and when I tried to gently remove it from the top, the crust broke in several places.  I ended up cutting my bars into squares and they were just as good. :)



Pin It!

1 comment:

Janey said...

Looks delish! Sounds like that cookbook is going on my wish list for christmas! I love seeing all the fun things you're cooking up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails