Friday, February 24, 2012

Trains & Sprinkles

WOW!  I'm not really sure how to describe my day yesterday.  After spending the morning making my oldest & myself beautiful (we were both participating in the recording of an EVMCO Christmas CD), grabbing lunch for the kids, tracking down a lunch & dinner for myself, dropping off my kids at my mom's house, carpooling to Phoenix (about 45 minute drive to our recording location), recording, getting home well after midnight, etc, I'm not really sure what to say about my day yesterday.  It's always a great experience to record and to participate in making beautiful music, but it's also very frustrating and literally painful!  We had one 30-minute break for a quick dinner and that's it.  And then after eating dinner you go sit in a chair for many more hours where you have to sit as still as possible, so your dinner turns into a cement block sitting in your stomach ... and don't forget your back & bottom that are screaming for a little stretching.  I think I laid in bed until well after 1am just trying to settle down & turn the music off that was running through my brain.

When I woke up today, I wanted nothing more than doughnuts & cupcakes.  Kinda weird, but I was definitely craving sugar ... not sure why. :)  Because it promised to be about 80* & sunny, I told my kids to hurry and get their school work & jobs done so we could enjoy the beautiful afternoon.



We decided to pack a picnic lunch and head to the Scottsdale Train Park.  Once we arrived, we found a quiet, secluded spot to enjoy our baked ziti and other picnic yummies.  I relaxed on the blanket in the warm sunshine, read a chapter of my book, and the kiddies set out to explore, gather pine cones, and get dirty. 




After lunch and playing in the dirt, we found a playground and took a ride on a little train.

Later in the afternoon, we made our way down Scottsdale Road to Sprinkles Cupcakes.  We each whispered the secret code of the day to the sales lady and scored ourselves four free orange cupcakes!  We each picked out one other cupcake that we wanted to try .... Penguin got the "black & white" (chocolate cake with a white frosting), Peacock picked the pretty pink chocolate-raspberry, Turkey chose the dark chocolate, and I wanted to try the chocolate marshmallow (chocolate cake with marshmallow squeezed into the middle and a dark chocolate ganache topping).  All were delicious and we were happy to bring home four orange cupcakes for Daddy to try and to enjoy the next day.

Excellent day!!!!

Pin It!

3 comments:

cherryl said...

You take such beautiful pictures!! Baked Ziti, donuts and cupcakes is making me think we could be a lot better friends then we are... ha ha. Is the book you are reading the next books in the Hunger Games series?? I haven't started #2 yet, because I still feel a little guilty about how much I ignored them friday.

Whispering Thoughts said...

Their smiles are priceless. The best part of the post :)
Warmest regards,
Ruby

AudyCamp said...

ok so i read your posts backwards...that's neat about the cd but sounds painful too. Your kiddos are so cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails