Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lemon Loaf Cake - Tuesdays with Dorie

Life is very hectic this week, but I had to take a break from violin practicing to make this recipe this afternoon.  The batter was pretty easy & quick to put together.  The hardest part was zesting the lemons, so this is a recipe that anyone can bake.



I sliced into my loaf while it was still a bit warm and the crust was a tad crusty - perfect! In insides were soft and dense like pound cake - perfect, perfect!  Mine turned out just a little bit drier than I'd like, but I was a bit sloppy in measuring my flour and being in AZ, I could reduce my flour a tiny bit next time.  I have lots of strawberries in my fridge, so I think I'll serve my lemon loaf cake with some berries and whipped cream for an after-dinner dessert and I think the berries and cream will add a little moisture to help make the cake seem a little less dry.

Can't wait to see everyone results.  To get the recipe, go HERE or HERE.

Happy Tuesday!!



Pin It!

6 comments:

cherryl said...

Yum. You are hired to be our chef! I look at your blog and think, "why don't I try more recipes??"

If you really want to see a picture of Ashlins little boyfriend. There was a picture of him in my post of Vanessa's baptism: http://vernonfun.blogspot.com/2012/03/vanessas-big-day.html
Click on it and scroll down like 3 pictures and it is the guy Ashlin is standing next to doing thumbs up. Its the only picture I've ever taken of them. They weren't a "couple" when I took that picture though. He really isn't "little" like I keep saying, I think he's like 6'4. ha ha.

Cher Rockwell said...

Very pretty - I am sure it will be great with the berries and cream.

Kathy said...

Your lemon loaf cake came out perfect! This has been a hectic month for me, too! Love the photos of your kids enjoying their first swim! Precious!

Kris' Kitchen said...

Yup, very hectic week...I'm just getting my post up and it is a day late. Might be time for another round of swims this week. Lovely lemon cake...I liked it with berries and cream.

Anonymous said...

YOur loaf looks great! I love the visible lemon specks.

Anonymous said...

I think the idea of strawberries with this would be just wonderful. Looks delicious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails