Friday, April 23, 2010

Temple Marriage: Young Women Lesson #15, Manual 2

** April 26, 2010: I've posted more ideas for this lesson HERE!

On April 25th, I will be teaching Young Women lesson #15 out of manual 2 which is titled Temple Marriage.  What a great lesson!  There are oodles & oddles of ideas out there.  Sugardoodle has their lesson helps HERE or you can check out their lesson helps for manual 1, lesson 18 which is titled Temple Marriage - Requirement for Eternal Family Life HERE.

I have to say that this is a lesson that I'm really looking forward to and that, for me, is an easier one to teach.  I've decided that I'm going to make cookies cut-out in the shape of the temple and then use the frosting/ingredients idea I found on Suardoodle.  I think I'm just going to use a 4x6 index card & with a cute font, print "Ingredients" on one side & "Frosting" on the other side.  I will have the girls write qualities on each side of the card that they'd like their future husband to have.  The "ingredients" side will be must-have's & the "frosting" side will be where the girls list qualities they'd like their husband to have (like nice eyes), but that aren't really necessary.

A few years ago, I taught a similar lesson, so I have a few temple related items saved on my computer that I thought I could share ....


While I was in Pittsburgh, I didn't have access to cute things like temple-shaped cookie cutters, so I actually printed out the shape above in the size I wanted & then cut each cookie by hand with a knife.  You can frost the cookies with white frosting & then use the shimmery, white sprinkles on top to make it look kind of like glitter.  I think the sprinkles that I used before are Wilton's White Sparkling Sugar (pictured below).

Whether you decide to go with one of my ideas for a hand-out or another idea, I think the things that are given to the girls for this lesson are things they keep for years.  I still have all the little lists I made when I was a Young Woman of qualities I wanted my future husband to have.  It's fun to pull those things out now & look at them.  I also have my wedding dress hanging on a nice white hanger that I received as a gift from my young women leaders growing up and I still have a white hanky from when I was a youth.


Pin It!

3 comments:

Allison @ Room Mom 101 said...

Hey thanks for the cute ideas! I love your idea of making sugar cookies in the shape of a temple!

Becky said...

I have been looking all over for a temple shaped cookie cutter online. Where do you think I could get a temple cookie cutter? I've been looking all over online and need to make 100 for a primary activity...no way I could cut them by hand. Please email me if you can help me! bdeneke@ldsliving.com

Becky said...

Hi,
Your blog is great! Do you have any idea where I could get a temple cookie cutter (preferrably SLC)? I need to make 100 for a primary activity and can't cut them all by hand! Thanks!
bdeneke@ldslviing.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails