Monday, September 20, 2010

Young Women Manual 2 Lesson 36: Honesty

Yesterday I taught lesson 36: Honesty.  I was really worried about having too much time leftover at the end of class because it looked like a somewhat short lesson in the manual, but we had some good discussions and ended up running out of time and not being able to finish the lesson.  I used the following talk in my lesson: 

LDS.org - Ensign Article - We Believe in Being Honest


I printed copies of it for each of the girls and went over a few different parts of the talk that I had highlighted and felt were the most important parts for my laurels to hear and discuss.

These are the handouts that I used.  I have them available for you in two different forms.  A page of four handouts for easy at-home printing:


Or a 4x6" copy of the handout for printing at a photo lab:
{Please use matte or lustre finish!}

We were at Target late Saturday night and saw some Halloween goodies in the bakery section.  Nothing had spiders, so I decided late Saturday night that I wanted to bake a goodie to go along with my lesson ... something with a spider on it.  If you're not up for baking, check around with your local bakeries or I think anything with a Halloween theme could be fun & cute.  I also wanted an excuse to try a new cupcake recipe and my laurels always make good guinea pigs. :) While I was at Target, I grabbed some candies that I used to make spiders for the tops of my cupcakes. {Why is it SO hard to find black shoestring licorice??} I had some leftover chocolate frosting in my fridge from Turkey's truck party, so I went with a chocolate chip cupcake recipe because I thought it would go nicely with the frosting I already had.  Other options would be to buy some fake, plastic spiders ... maybe even some spider rings ...  or that fake spider web stuff ... to go with your printed handout.



Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cupcakes
{Thank you, Martha!}

Makes about 2 dozen

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup whole milk
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut into 1/2-inch chunks



•Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners; set aside. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.


•Put butter and sugars into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Mix in eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with the milk. Stir in chocolate chunks with a rubber spatula.


•Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake until pale golden and a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to wire racks; let cool completely. Cupcakes can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.

Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails