Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Berry Crepes

In continuation of our Russian/Adoption celebrations, we made crepes for breakfast.  When I was a kid, crepes were something I looked forward to and they were always a special treat.  My kids ... not really fans which I just don't get cause they devour pancakes and we filled them with all kinds of sweet goodies. 

I used to always make crepes for General Conference breakfast, but haven't in 4 or 5 years.  This time around, I tried a new recipe.  The recipe looked good and included things like brown sugar, but I think it was a poorly written recipe cause my flour never mixed in ... just got clumpy and sank to the bottom of the bowl.



I know crepes aren't really Russian, but we can count them as European, right?  And we were served blintzes while in Russia which are pretty much the same thing.  I'm not sure what you fill your crepes with, but we like:


  • Ice cream
  • Fruit & berries
  • Pie filling
  • Sauces & syrups
  • Nutella
  • Puddings & custards
  • Powdered sugar on top
  • Whipped cream

Pin It!

2 comments:

Janey said...

yum, i love crepes!!! I always make my batter in the blender--gets all the clumps out and evenly distributes everything so that they're uniform :)

Frolicking Night Owl said...

oh yes! I have done that before ... forgot. i kinda wanted to try this new recipe, but it was a bummer of a recipe. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails