Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Personal Progress Online

The Young Women Personal Progress program can now be done & tracked online.  What a wonderful tool for all the girls, leaders, & parents who are excited about using technology.  As leaders, we have been challenged to work with our Young Women and work towards earning the Young Womanhood Recognition ... even if we earned it already as teenagers.  As leaders, our requirements are a little easier.  (For those of you who are unfamiliar with the YW Womanhood Recognition, it is comparable to the Eagle award in the scouting program.)

I started working on my Personal Progress the second time around (the first time being when I was a teenager) back in 2002.  I know I worked on some goals while living in Pittsburgh, but I didn't record any of my accomplishments.  Tonight, for the first time in years, I cracked open my Personal Progress book.  The YW President in our ward challenged one of my laurels and me to finish Knowledge Value Experience #1 before Sunday.  Easy-peasy.

While relaxing in bed, I read 10-12 scriptures on the topic of knowledge and then wrote about what I had learned in my journal.  I then quickly discussed my feelings and what I had read with my hubby.  My favorite scripture was Doctrine & Covenants 130:18-19 ... "18 - Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection. 19 - And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advantage in the world to come."  What a comforting promise to know that all the time and effort we put forth into bettering ourselves will be recognized in the eternities. 



Now I need to work on Knowledge Value Experience #2 ... I am supposed to learn a new skill or talent that will help me with my family or in my home ... budgeting, cooking, sewing, singing, time management, etc.  I have a couple ideas in mind ....

Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails