Monday, October 4, 2010
A Work of Art & A Halloween Treat
Because I'm a wee bit obsessed with food & currently trying to learn about French food, I found this quite interesting:
As for my own "art" pieces ... when I saw these, I was excited to find an opportunity to make the
If you'd like to make some with your little ghosts & ghouls, here are some simple instructions ...
1 1/2 C Creamy Peanut Butter (I used Extra Crunchy & they turned out just dandy)
1/2 C Butter, at room temperature
1 pound (about 4 cups) Powdered Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 (12-oz) package of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 Tablespoons Solid Vegetable Shortening (I only used about 1 T)
1. Blend peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, & vanilla together in a bowl. I found it easiest to use my hands for this step.
2. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Roll PB mixture into small balls (good job for the kiddies) and place on baking sheet. Freeze or refrigerate for about 1 hour so the balls get firm. (I froze mine.)
3. Melt chocolate chips & shortening in microwave. Check & stir every 30 seconds.
4. Remove your PB balls from the fridge or freezer. Using a fork or toothpicks, dip each ball into the chocolate, leaving a round or oval opening of undipped peanut butter on top. Return chocolate-PB balls to waxed paper, cornea side up.
5. Place an M&M in the center of each PB cornea to make an iris. Refrigerate or freeze again for at least an hour before serving.
*Store in fridge or freezer & serve chilled.
Frolicking Night Owl
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)