Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope that you're enjoying your Mother's Day and that you are milking it for all it's worth!  :)  I read on another blog that, "being a mother is the coolest, hardest, sweetest, most rewarding, least rewarding, humbling, liberating, terrifying, joyful, nothing like you expected, bewildering, heartwarming, heartbreaking, most intense ride on the planet."  It made me laugh cause I totally agree, esp. the "nothing like you exptected" part!!

In all seriousness, being a mother is the "job" I always wanted to have when I grew-up.  I am so thankful for my three little birds.  They are the light of my life and I hope that I will always remember that they are the greatest blessing I have ... even on days when they drive me absolutely nuts! 

As we all celebrate the women in our lives today, remember the women who strongly desire to be a mother, but for whatever reason are not.  Remember them in your prayers, take them a goodie, or do something for them to help brighten their day today.

Finally, as you watch this video, remember who you are & think about your purpose here on Earth.  I think the phrase, "I am not my body," will remain with me for the rest of my life.  When I watch Stephanie, I am so much more appreciative of the little things like being able to lift my kids out of the bathtub, cuddling with them in their fresh towel, and smelling their freshly washed hair without causing my physical body pain.



Check out Stephanie's Blog HERE.

Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails