Tuesday, July 13, 2010

4th of July Weekend

Our family made the looong drive up to Utah for the 4th of July weekend.  We all arrived in Utah Friday evening ... my parents & my sister (along with her hubby & baby) also drove up to Utah & another sister, her hubby & bun-in-the-oven came down from Idaho.

Saturday, we spent several hours at Salem Pond relaxing in the soft, green grass, playing on Grandpa's boats & eating food.


{mi familia}



{the paddling phends}



{tomily}


After getting rested-up, we made our way to Provo for the Stadium of Fire.  I hadn't been since 1997 & I had forgotten how great of a show BYU puts on for America's birthday.  We were entertained by violinist Jenny Oaks Baker , the 5 Browns, & of course the Osmond 2nd Generation group.  But the highlight of the night was Carrie Underwood.  So fun!  And the fireworks show can't be beat!

Here's some video from the show ... not my fave songs of the night, but this video is much better quality than most posted in You Tube.



Sunday we took the kids the Temple Square in SLC.  Penguin hadn't been up there since she was a baby & my other two kids had never been, but we didn't take a single photo ... boo. :(    That night we had a big family party for my sister's 25th birthday.

{my grandpa}



{peacock & great-grandpa}

Pin It!

1 comment:

The Tiffany's said...

Peacock is looking so grown up! Man-kids grow so fast!
sad we missed you! maybe next year :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails