Monday, July 19, 2010

Fruit Salad Trifle

The AC in our house hasn't been working for over 2 weeks now!  It's totally insane.  We've now had 2 different companies just walk off the job.  The kids & I sit around the hot house waiting for the AC guys to come, babysit the workmen while they're here & then spend more precious time cleaning up after them.  They track insulation all over the house, leave lights on, leave their garbage just sitting on the floor, use my bathroom, etc.  After they leave, I vacuum & disinfect everything they've touched! 

There is no way in the world that I'm going to turn on the stove or oven to cook meals ... except a little bit for breakfast cause that's before the house gets too steamy.  So, we've been doing lots of eating-out & invading my parents' house for dinner every night.  Yesterday afternoon we changed things up & ate at my sister's house.  Since I couldn't cook anything, I was in charge of bringing some fruit.  Because we can eat fruit without heating up the house, I actually have a lot of it on hand.  I was in the mood to be a little bit fancy, so I decided to put my fruit in my trifle dish.  Once I got going, I was liking the layers so I decided to stick with keeping the layers rather than stirring up the salad.  I used watermelon, cantaloupe, blueberries, grapes, cherries, strawberries, and bananas.  Just thought I'd share in case it inspires you to do something fun with your food. :)



Pin It!

1 comment:

Paradise Found said...

How awful!! Why can't they just fix it? Why has it taken multiple companies? Are you that hard to work with? ;) You and your kids can come hang out over here. We keep it pretty cool in this house. We're not doing anything tomorrow morning. Want to let your kids play and swim? I can imagine it's nice not to cook, but not so nice to have to eat out so often with the kids. Our a/c went out for an afternoon last summer. Nothing compared to what you're enduring. Seriously, come over here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails